Serial entrepreneur Sam Parr hit the jackpot after selling his media company The Hustle to HubSpot for tens of millions. The Hustle is a media company that provides a daily dose of business and tech news to their audience. Sam also runs other businesses, and co-hosts the podcast “My First Million” with Shaan Puri. As of 2023, Sam Parr has a net worth of $20 million.
Sam was born in St. Louis, Missouri, where he spent most of his childhood. However, he does not share much about his early years and family background. His exact date of birth is unknown but he’s believed to be 31 years-old.
Still, it is known that he studied and got his diploma from St. Louis University High School in 2008. After graduating, Sam relocated to Nashville, Tennessee for college.
With a D1 track scholarship, he advanced his studies at Belmont University. He was a runner in the 200-meter and 400-meter competitions. Parr dropped out and moved to San Francisco in hopes of launching a new business.
While in high school, Parr worked at a store for Mike Wolfe, star of a reality TV series called American Pickers. To help pay the bills, he set up a chain of small hotdog shops and sold liquor online in college. After dropping out, he co-founded Bunk, a web platform for matching roommates.
When he left Bunk, he organized a 2-day business conference called Hustle Con, which managed to attract thousands of entrepreneurs. To promote the conference he launched a newsletter, This inspired him to start a media outlet, The Hustle, in 2016.
He launched the company from his kitchen. After two years, the newsletter was sending news to 1.5 million subscribers. The Hustle was labeled as one of the most credible sources for aspiring entrepreneurs and made $1 million in 2020.
The Hustle continues to blow up, and this helped its founder create more startups. Along with his wife, Sam launched “CopyThat,” a website that teaches people the art of copywriting. He also founded software companies but hired other people to run the company.
Aside from being a successful businessman, Sam Parr is a talented podcaster. He co-hosts a popular business podcast “My First Million,” where he gives listeners advice about entrepreneurship and interviews interesting entrepreneurs. One prime example is their interview with Pieter Levels, a guy who makes $2.7 million per year with no-full time employees.
Moreover, Parr started writing a personal blog on his website theantimba.com. Sam has also revealed that he invests in small startups and does some consulting work. More recently, he has been experimenting with investing in real estate. Right now, he invests 80% of his wealth into ETFs and the remaining 20% in index funds.
Net Worth and Earnings
In 2021, The Hustle was acquired by software company HubSpot for an undisclosed amount. He hasn’t revealed the exact figure but the sale was worth tens of millions of dollars. The Hustle was valued at $27 million before the deal and the sale price should be close to that figure. This was a huge success considering he started the business from his kitchen table in 2014 and self-funded the company.
Outside of selling The Hustle, he invests in innovative businesses and real estate. All of this plays a considerable part in Sam Parr’s $20 million net worth.
Sam is happily married to his wife, Sara Sodine. The couple first met at a bar and they walked down the aisle in 2020. Sam and his partner are currently living in Austin, Texas. He doesn’t own his home and likes to rent instead.