The newest patch for Middle-earth: Shadow of War is adding some new free content along with bug fixes. The v1.07 update — now available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One– includes Online Fight Pits, which will allow you to train your Orc followers by pitting them against Uruks and Ologs from other players’ armies. Winning these arena battles will earn you rewards and upgrades that can be used to improve your army’s fighting prowess.
To get a taste of what Online Fight Pits are all about, watch the trailer below. I just wish the play-by-play color commentary from the trailer was also a new feature in the game.
According to a blog post on the WB Games website, the patch will also feature a slew of additional fixes. These fixes include improved Fighter Pit pacing and corrected load time issues.
Here is a complete list of bug fixes in the v1.07 patch for Middle-earth: Shadow of War:
Improved Fight Pit pacing: Shortened fight timer and increased damage dealt.
Balancing: Starting a Nemesis Mission will now reset the cooldown for summoning beasts and bodyguards.
- Fixed an issue where player gear and buffs were affecting Fight Pit participants.
- Fixed issues where players’ Overlords could disappear from the Army screen after losing a fortress.
- Fixed issues where an Orc who cheated death after a Pit Fight loss could fail to re-enter the Army screen.
- Fixed an issue where loading into an Online Vendetta could result in becoming stuck on a black screen.
- Fixed a long load time issue when selecting “Leave Mission” during an Online Vendetta or Online Conquest.
- Fixed issues with incorrect Orc traits being shown in the Online Conquests preview menu.
- Fixed an incorrect error message when replacing a daily challenge.
- Fixed a campaign audio issue when accessing the first Shadow of the Past Mission.