At the initial stage of gaming industry development, each game was unique. Over time, the number of games began to increase, which made people to divide them into different categories. The criteria for such division are very different, but the most popular one is by genre.
Game genres are determined not only by the plot but by the game actions that the player most often performs. The division is very useful in practice, as the games of a particular genre are interesting for a concrete gaming audience. The developer announces that he releases the game in a certain genre, and the players are already aware of what will happen in the game, even without developer comments. For example, everyone knows that NativeCasinos games are released for online gambling. They dispose of the huge variety of slot machines, poker or blackjack tables, roulettes and other interesting options to win real money. On Native Casinos website, you can find all the necessary information considering online gambling and choose the best game options for you. Moreover, you can also learn about the game developers and define the best games by yourself.
It should be understood, the classification of games by genres is conditional. The developers do not stop their experiments, compounding the established types of game mechanics with new elements. That is why modern games can belong to one or several genres at once, or even represent something new. Based on the features of the gaming market, we have divided all the best games into the following categories:
Action games have at least 6 types: adventure, shooter, slasher, stealth, survival, horror.
- Action-adventure is very similar to the classic Adventure Quest that is distinguished by a higher dynamics of the gameplay (Grand Theft Auto, Horn, Bully, etc.)
- Shooter – a genre of games in which more attention is paid to shootings (Dead Effect, Infinite Tanks, Overkill).
- The main task of the Slasher character is to kill a huge number of enemies with the help of cold bladed weapons (Implosion, Godfire)
- Stealth is a genre of games, the characters of which must constantly hide when performing various tasks (Space marshals, Republique).
- The main goal of Survival/Horror players is actually to survive (Last Day on Earth, Skyhill, Radiation Island).
RPG (role-playing game) is a genre of games whose players control one or several heroes described by a set of characteristics. The list of characteristics may include health, strength, dexterity, etc. During the game, the indicators of the hero characteristics grow, the number of passive skills increases. Due to this, the hero is able to successfully cope with the tasks (Noblemen, Jade Empire, Titan Quest).
- The classic game mechanics of strategy includes collecting resources, building a base and attacking armies and fortifications of opponents. However, not all strategies follow these canons of the genre.
- The key distinctive feature is that you have to develop tactics and strategy of the battle, at the same time, all game events take place in real time and this requires a certain speed of decision making (Rome, Kingdom, Door Kickers).
- There are still a lot of genres to mention. We hope, that such introduction will bring you some new ideas, which game to play next.